It’s nice that there are products in the world that are useful and applicable in all areas – in cosmetology, food industry, medicine … Olive oil is considered one of the most universal and beneficial natural gifts to humanity. Let’s take a closer look at its healing and truly indispensable properties for skin and hair.
Properties of olive oil
The use of olive oil due to its valuable properties began in the 12th century. It is believed that it can relieve pain in the stomach, colic, irritation of the intestines, and also give the skin youth, elasticity, and freshness.
At that time, people could not yet explain scientifically these facts, but the benefits of olives were obvious and this was used to the maximum. Nowadays, scientists have found confirmation of this, for olive oil contains iron and vitamins. It is especially rich in vitamin E, which strengthens the heart, blood vessels, prevents the formation of blood clots or promotes the resorption of already formed, etc.
Someone likes dark oil with bitterness, someone light – it all depends on how the olives are processed, but if this is real oil, then you can be sure of its healing power. And now let us dwell on how to use this gift of nature.
Olive oil for the skin
- If you take a bath, then add about a quarter cup of butter to it, you can add milk in the same amount. Take a bath for 15-20 minutes and you will feel that the skin has become velvety and soft.
- Good and mask for the skin of the feet. For some reason, it is the legs that are most often forgotten, but they are subject to enormous daily loads. In order to relieve fatigue and heal the skin, as well as get rid of dead particles, mix the oil with sea salt and use it as a shelter. Rub feet, fingers, calves for a few minutes. Combine rubbing with massage. Then rinse with warm water. Your legs will thank you.
- If your dream is a beautiful and elastic chest, then combine the three components: butter, cottage cheese, and egg. Apply the mixture on the chest, as well as on the entire neckline, neck and leave for 20 minutes. You need to apply a thick layer, not sparing the mixture, it will be more efficient. Then take a shower. It is desirable to contrast (finish with cold douche). Take a shower for 7-10 minutes. Even one time will be enough to notice the difference between “before” and “after.”
- Make oil baths for hands – it will strengthen the nails and make them healthy with a natural even shine. They can also add lemon juice or chamomile tincture.
Olive oil for the face
It is especially effective for fading and dry skin.
- If you make an evening mask, then after cleansing the skin, apply it with a thin layer. It is absorbed very quickly, so you can not rinse. But on a pillowcase, just in case, lay a thin napkin, diaper, or gauze.
- The morning mask is applied for 15-20 minutes, and then the face gets wet with a napkin. For oily skin, it is recommended to wash with cool water after applying this mask to narrow the pores. This must be done, as oily skin has its own cosmetic “rules of the game.”
- Make-up can also be removed with the help of this oil. That is, it is able to completely replace the usual milk, which we use after each “appearance”. You can combine and alternate both of these options.
As you can see, olive oil for the body is simply irreplaceable, and in its properties, it is able to compete with many decorative skincare products and even surpass them.
Read about: Uses of Castor Oil for Hair
But there are more options when oil comes to the rescue. In order to fully disclose its properties, there will not be enough even the largest article, so we will focus on what particularly excites the fair sex and not only them. By the way, it is a pity that the strong half underestimate the benefits and grace of olive oil, considering it to be exclusively “female things.” And in vain. If you are not interested in the cosmetic effect, the medical use to strengthen the body will be useful for sure.
Stretch Marks Olive Oil
In order to maximally level this cosmetic defect (alas, it will not be possible to remove it completely, but to make it less noticeable is our task) you can use olive oil. In this competition, he will be almond oil or oil obtained from wheat germ. But one thing unites our competitors – vitamin E, which is contained in them and precisely due to which there is a favorable and effective effect on the skin. You can alternate their use.
Apply it like this: take a hot shower so that the pores open up to the maximum. Warm the oil in your palms and rub it into problem areas. As a rule, these are thighs, buttocks, abdomen, and chest. After you have performed the necessary manipulations, put a massage mitten on your hand and massage your body additionally. Do not rush to put on clothes – let the oil be well absorbed. Then you can rinse or leave as is. The oil is absorbed quickly and does not leave greasy marks on the skin.
Olive for hair
What is the use of olive oil for hair and scalp?
Due to its composition, olive oil is applicable for the treatment of split ends, dry hair. It is an indispensable remedy for falling out. It nourishes the body with a complex of vitamins and minerals that promote rapid growth. Dandruff-like scalp problem is also treated by it.
Olive oil consists of:
- vitamin complex, the main components of which are vitamins of group E, A and B;
- saturated fatty acids;
- oleic acid (in combination with other unsaturated acids). Promotes rapid absorption by the body, both in the digestive tract and through the skin. Therefore, the heated composition is quickly absorbed.
If you face baldness or hair is not thick enough, healthy, and strong, then olive oil for hair is exactly what you need!
Listen to our advice.
- To supply the roots of the hair, mix olive oil and lemon juice in a ratio of 1: 4. Apply this mixture to your hair and rub it well into the scalp. Combine this procedure with a message – the benefit will be double. Then wrap your head: wrap with plastic and a towel. Hold for 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water and a mild shampoo. Such a strengthening course is recommended to be carried out at least 2 times a week.
- Strengthening hair growth and strengthening them will help mask of oil and egg yolk. Take 5-6 spoons of butter and mix with two egg yolks. It is advisable to beat this mixture with a spoon or with a mixer (do not overdo it), and then rub it into the scalp. Leave on for half an hour and, as in the first case, rinse with warm water and shampoo.
- You can play with the ingredients. It is necessary to buy olive oil – this will be our foundation for all cosmetic procedures. And, say, the yolk can be alternated with two spoons of natural honey. Or combine the base – a tablespoon of oil with a pair of tablespoons of vodka or alcohol. Perhaps the latter option is particularly effective in the fight against baldness. Vodka can be replaced by a tincture of red pepper or brandy.
Preliminary make a test on a small part of the head or in the area of the elbow bend of the arm, where the skin is most sensitive. If you do not have irritation and redness, then you can safely apply and rub into the scalp. To accelerate the growth and restoration of hair can be if you mix the oil with onion juice, honey, and mayonnaise in equal quantities. Apply to hair for 15-20 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water and shampoo.
Can it be applied overnight?
Prolonged exposure to the agent may have a positive effect on the parts being processed. If it concerns hairline, then there is a very effective recipe. The Overnight usage of Olive Oil will work efficiently than in daylight.
With olive oil, mix a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon and evenly distribute the mixture through the hair, avoiding the roots. Cover with a plastic bag, tie a warm towel on top and go to bed. In 6 hours, the desired effect will be achieved. An ordinary hair mask is never held for more than three hours.
Hair masks with olive oil at home
Hair treatment with olive oil always shows a good effect. The right combination is important. For the tips of the hair, olive oil is suitable in combination with yolk and vinegar (suitable for both table and apple). The proportion is approximately the same: for one yolk – two spoons of olive oil and one – of vinegar. With long hair, take everything in double volume.
At home for dry hair fit a simple mask with olive oil and avocado. The flesh of an exotic fruit must be kneaded. For every 100 grams. the resulting mass adds a tablespoon of oil. The composition should be rubbed into the scalp and distributed over the entire length, including the dry ends of the hair.
To increase the speed of hair growth, a mask with a spoon of oil and a tablespoon of honey is suitable. For optimal effect, you can visit the bath at the final stage. At high temperatures, honey will flow like water from the body, and the oil will intensively begin to share nutrients. After the procedure, the composition must be washed off, even if it is imperceptible.
Oil and honey in combination with the juice of ordinary onions also work wonders. For one spoonful of olive oil, you need to take the juice of one onion and a spoonful of honey. Mass carefully rub and apply on hair for an hour.
Do not abuse the healing effect. Masks with olive oil at home should be done no more than once a week with daily hair washing. If you wash your hair less often, then you need to wash your head “just” 5-6 times, without oils. Only in this way will the residues of the product be completely washed off and will not clog the pores of the scalp
Eggs in the composition of hair masks with olive oil are better not to rinse with very hot water – they can coagulate.
Before applying it, do not necessarily wash your hair. After all, washing will be the final stage of the procedure. And if there is an allergy, it is better to test the composition of the mask on a small area of the skin before application.
How to choose olive oil?
Indeed, ideally, it would be to live somewhere in Greece or Spain in an ecologically clean area, grow olives in your garden, collect them, squeeze and get oil. Here there will be an absolute guarantee that it will be the purest and gracious. But, alas, for the vast majority of people it remains a dream. All that is available is a range of supermarkets, so you need to “keep your ears open.”
The most useful is raw cold-pressed oil labeled “Virgen Extra”. In this case, its acidity is minimal and amounts to less than 1%, all vitamins and trace elements are preserved. It is slightly bitter in taste and has a light green color.
And finally, the last question is what interests consumers so much. Olive oil: the benefits and harm.
Could it be that olive oil is flawless, absolutely harmless, and not contraindicated? Unfortunately, a lot of good can be said about olive oil, but one cannot do without a “fly in the ointment” in a jar of butter.
It is contraindicated in cholecystitis because it is a choleretic agent. Cholecystitis is nothing like acute inflammation of the gallbladder.
In addition, in the case of exacerbations of gastroenterological diseases, especially enterocolitis, oil consumption should be abandoned. By the way, this applies to all types of oils, for example, linseed, sunflower, and others, and not just olive.
And, according to doctors, the ideal daily consumption rate should be no more than 40 grams. You can consume it in its pure form, or use it as an additive in salads and first courses and even mix it with vegetable juices and consume it inside.
Olive oil – a doctor on guard of our health! But you must choose it carefully so that its benefit is maximum.